Archives

  • Logo banner
  • JCNA Reading Room
  • lady liz sunsetpaint
  • cathedral and ship
  • StanleySights 09008
  • hill cove

 

Introduction

Also known as The Front Road, Ross Road was named after Sir James Clark ROSS who was in command of HMS Erebus, part of the British Antarctic Expedition 1839 to 1843 and called into the Falkland Islands in 1842. Crozier Place was named after Captain Francis CROZIER, RN, who was in command of HMS Terror in the British Antarctic Expedition.

Ross Road and Crozier Place 1870s Blake album

Part of Ross Road and Crozier Place in the 1870s

These files are not a complete representation of buildings past and present on Ross Road and Crozier Place and are not necessarily a complete history but are intended to give a timeline for some of those that have been researched to date and will be added to from time to time.

Unless stated otherwise buildings are listed in order from West to East.

 

Crozier Place

pdf1 Crozier Place Smyleys House Globe Tavern Globe Hotel.pdf1.51 MB

pdfCrozier Place - FIC.pdf(1.55 MB)

pdf5 Crozier Place.pdf1.53 MB

Reservoir Road

pdfReservoir Road - Admiralty Cottage.pdf(1.39 MB)

Ross Road

pdfRoss Road West and Racecourse Road Dorran Houses or Sulivan Bungalows.pdf1.04 MB

pdfSulivan House.pdf(850.98 KB)

pdfGovernment House (1), The Offices The Quarters.pdf(1.33 MB)

pdfGovernment House (2).pdf 1.05 MB

pdfGovernment House Jetty.pdf347.65 KB

pdfCourthouse; The Offices; Secretariat.pdf2.46 MB

pdfMalvina House.pdf(1.14 MB)

pdfStoremans House; Dockyard Cottage; Senior School; Victoria Cottage Home; FIDF HQ; Harbour Masters Quarters; Gilbert House.pdf1.75 MB

pdf4 to 10 Ross Road - Police Cottages.pdf(546.29 KB)

pdfTown Hall.pdf(1.46 MB)

pdfGymnasium and Public Baths.pdf2.32 MB

pdfGaol and later Police Station.pdf(521.46 KB)

pdfDeanery.pdf(755.05 KB) 

pdfStanley Cottage.pdf(877.29 KB)

pdfMalvina Cottage.pdf877.3 KB  (replaced by Stanley House)

pdfStanley House.pdf1.47 MB

pdfRoss Road - Teja Cottage.pdf(890.88 KB)

pdfExchange Building.pdf(548.88 KB)

pdfChapel of Rest (originally in Cemetery).pdf(698.83 KB)

pdf31 Ross Road - Church House, Marine Superintendents House, Hambledon House.pdf932.96 KB

pdf32 Ross Road - Church Cottage, Orchid House, Orchid Store.pdf287.81 KB

pdf34 Ross Road Queens Arms; Beach Cottage.pdf(938.1 KB)

pdf37 Ross Road Harbour View House.pdf(419.92 KB)

pdfPublic Jetty Town Jetty Govt Jetty Albert Pier.pdf2.69 MB

Ross Road East

pdf3 Ross Road East Esperance Esperanza Hotel Lighthouse Hotel First and Last Hotel First and Last Naval Store.pdf708.55 KB

pdf4 Ross Road East Harbour View.pdf1.19 MB

pdf5 Ross Road East Viking House.pdf263.6 KB

pdf8 Ross Road East.pdf437.44 KB

 

Disclaimer:

While every effort has been taken to ensure accuracy the Jane Cameron National Archives does not accept responsibility for any errors in these records.

Copyright guide:

Copies of government records may be used freely for private research and educational purposes. If material is to be used for commercial publication, exhibition or broadcast the written permission of the Jane Cameron National Archives must first be obtained. Whenever material from the Jane Cameron National Archives is reproduced in any form or in any medium, the user must acknowledge the Jane Cameron National Archives as the source and give all document references. For non-government records it is your responsibility as the user to ensure that copyright is not infringed and any infringement that does occur is your responsibility.